Women Empowering Women | Leisa Peterson to present ‘The Art of Mindful Wealth’
August 19, 2014
The Art of Mindful Wealth
Monday, Sept. 8, 10 a.m.-noon
For Goodness Sake, 10157 Donner Pass Road
Reserve at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Women Empowering Women as Leisa Peterson demonstrates how to use personal challenges with money to create a life filled with love, creativity, abundance and joy.
King Solomon said, “as a man thinks in his heart, so is he.” When we learn how to touch our heart’s deepest level, we are able to understand life in meaningful and profound ways.
Unfortunately, busy and appointment-filled days don’t leave much time for inner reflection and development.
It is easy to lose sight of our inner hearts — why we think and act the way we do and what alternatives are available to make big life changes.
Learn mindfulness-based strategies to help you to make positive and practical changes managing money.
Peterson has spent much of her life looking for “something more.” For a long time it manifested as a desire for status, relationships, money and power. When a family tragedy occurred in 1999, the world around which she based her life around began to collapse, not from a material standpoint (which actually started to thrive), but from a mental perspective.
Beginning with the catalyst of her father’s death, Peterson began a heartfelt and devoted meditation practice. Realizing what she had been seeking was based on false premises and unstable beliefs, she still felt powerless to make the needed changes.
It took several more personal tragedies and career disruptions before Peterson began to develop a systematic way to turn breakdowns into breakthroughs.
Eventually, Peterson’s life and the lives of those around her started to improve, becoming happier and more fulfilled than she dreamed possible.
Learn about the final tragedy that led her to share her experience and become of service to others — even in the face of death.
Peterson walked away from her financial advising and banking practice to create a new company: WealthClinic (www.wealthclinic.com).
Leisa is a Certified Financial Planner and lives in Truckee with her husband Tim and two children, Zoe and Aidan.
Women Empowering Woman is dedicated to providing motivational speakers who address different aspects of achieving balance and harmony through the mind, body and spirit. For more information e-mail email@example.com.
Seating in For Goodness Sake is limited, so reservations are highly recommended at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 5.
Trending In: Local
- In walk across America, man spreads word on dangers of drug overdose
- Opinion: Keeping Squaw ‘true’ may doom Squaw to failure
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump