Women Empowering Women | What’s a girl gonna do?
May 1, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Women Empowering Women will present Marilyn Nyborg’s workshop, “It’s a Man’s World — What’s a Girl Gonna Do?” on Wednesday, May 14, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at For Goodness Sake, 10157 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
Nyborg has produced a 16-minute DVD based on Jane Evershed’s book, “The Book of Jane: the story of women.”
The creativity and special graphic effects in which Jane’s art is combined with photography along with her narration, is impactful on many levels. Jane does not mince words. It’s one thing to hear facts, stories and specifics about women — it is another to see, hear and feel them merged together in narrative, images and music.
The viewer is left with the question: What would the world look like today, had women been at the table of global consequences, an equal partner in the design of our culture, institutions and systems?
Follow the film with conversation and ideas on what might be done to bring feminine wisdom and values into communities and the systems in which we live.
As Jimmy Carter writes in his new book, “A Call to Action: Women, Religions, Violence and Power,” “the most serious and unaddressed worldwide challenge is the deprivation and abuse of women and girls.”
Marilyn, a successful business owner and high-tech recruiter in Silicon Valley for 25 years, co-founder of Gather the Women Global Matrix, founder of Gather the Women of Nevada County and Women Waking the World, is a master networker with 45 years of connections in women’s leadership and women’s circles. She is a speaker and tele-seminar leader.
A lifetime of experiences in sacred activism has allowed Marilyn to develop an international network to restore feminine wisdom, values and influence in the service of all life. She is committed to a world that creates change in cultural values, personal choices and policies worldwide that shift humanity’s consciousness from separation and domination to integration and unity.
Seating in For Goodness Sake is limited, so reservations are highly recommended. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by May 9 to reserve your space.
Women Empowering Woman is dedicated to providing motivational speakers who address different aspects of achieving balance and harmony through the mind, body and spirit.
For more information about our organization. e-mail email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Opinion: Keeping Squaw ‘true’ may doom Squaw to failure
- In walk across America, man spreads word on dangers of drug overdose
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- What Reno airport’s recent growth means for North Tahoe-Truckee