North Tahoe Crime Logs: Sept. 16-30
Ryan Summerlin November 7, 2013
Below are select incidents from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office press log for Sept. 16-30.
• At 10:30 a.m. on the 200 Block of Fox Street in Kings Beach, a female was arrested for domestic violence after throwing a knife at her boyfriend.
• At 10:45 a.m. on the 7800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, two subjects shoplifted alcohol and food from a grocery store. Charges are pending.
• At 8:30 p.m. on the 8000 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, a subject was arrested for purchasing alcohol in violation of his probation. The suspect was also charged with resisting arrest.
• At 11 a.m. on the 3900 Block of Interlaken Road in Homewood, a female suspect attempted to transfer $85,000 from her investment account to the suspect.
• At 9 p.m. on the 8400 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, a male subject was caught urinating in public. A record check revealed two outstanding warrants, and presumptive cocaine was also found. The subject was arrested.
• At 10:30 p.m. on the 300 Block of River Road in Tahoe City, an unknown suspect shoplifted two 18 packs of beer and fled the scene.
• At 1 p.m. on Highway 80 at the Big Bend visitor center in Soda Springs, a subject was pulled over for erratic driving and was subsequently turned over to CHP for suspected DUI.
• At 4:15 p.m. on the 8600 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, when a victim attempted to break up a fight between two males, one of the males brandished a knife and a gun. The suspect also threatened victim and his wife while aiming an assault riffle at them. The suspect was uncooperative and was taken into custody. Several felony charges are pending.
• At 6 p.m. on Highway 267 at Dolly Varden Avenue in Kings Beach, a female suspect was arrested for felony transportation and possession of a controlled substance for sale.
• At 4 p.m. on the 200 Block of Squaw Peak Road in Olympic Valley, an unknown suspect stole victim’s bracelet from her vacation condo.
• At 1:30 a.m. on the 500 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, a male subject was turned over to CHP for suspected DUI.
• At 1:30 p.m. on the 1700 Block of Village in Olympic Valley, an unknown suspect entered victim’s apartment and stole two checks and $250 cash.
• At 8 a.m. on the 8400 Block of West Lake Boulevard in Homewood, an unknown suspect broke victim’s windshield of her vehicle.
• At 8:30 p.m. on the 8800 Block of Trout Avenue in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect entered victim’s residence and stole $1,400 worth of personal items.
• At 11 a.m. on the 8700 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect found victim’s cellphone and did not turn it in.
• At 8:15 p.m. in Carnelian Bay, a male subject was turned over to CHP for suspected DUI.
• At 4:45 p.m. on the 2100 Block of West Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, it was reported that an unknown suspect stole a patio set sometime in the past two weeks.
• At 8:30 a.m. on the 9000 Block of Brockway Springs in Kings Beach, two male were arrested for public intoxication after they were discovered joy riding a golf cart that did not belong to them.
• At 2:30 a.m. on the 2600 Block of Hillcrest Avenue in Tahoe City, a female suspected her boyfriend in stealing her wallet after a verbal argument.
• At 2:35 a.m. on the 8500 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, a male subject was arrested for possession of cocaine after running from the police.
• At 10:45 a.m. on the 300 Block of Edgewater Drive in Tahoe City, it was reported that an unknown suspect stole a $40,000 boat from the lake sometime in September.
• At 12:15 p.m. on the 1900 Block of Squaw Valley Road in Olympic Valley, a report was taken over a civil dispute over payment for property.
• At 4:30 p.m. on the 300 Block of Pioneer Way in Tahoe City, an unknown suspect has been squatting at victim’s vacation home for over the past month.
North Shore Crime Logs are published in the Sierra Sun as space is available, and as they are provided to the Sun by the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.