Joseph “Joe” Andreas Reichlin
February 23, 2017
Joseph "Joe" Andreas Reichlin, 66, of Reno, Nevada, passed away February 19, 2017.
Joe was born January 10, 1951 in Escalon, California to Joseph and Marie Reichlin. He grew up in Floriston, California, and graduated from Tahoe Truckee High School in 1969, where he was a standout wrestler.
He served in the United States Army 172nd infantry, Charlie airborne company in Fairbanks, Alaska and was honorably discharged in 1973.
His adult life was spent in Reno. He started working in construction with his father. He worked as a licensed well driller, and buying and remodeling many of his own properties. He spent many years as a hay hauler and retired as a driver with Sherwin-Williams. He was a member of the Sierra Swiss Club. He loved working outdoors with his hands, and gathered a large collection of antique tractors.
He is survived by his son Joe Reichlin, Jr., daughter-in-law, Kathryn Reichlin; his sister Ida Wilson and his nephews Brandon (Shanee) Wilson, and Eric Wilson; his good friend Carl Brian, as well as other family and friends, both here and in Switzerland.
He will be buried alongside his father, mother, and sister Maryanne.
A celebration of life will be held in Reno on April 8, 2017. Please contact Ida or Joe Jr for details of time and location.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Lake Tahoe weather: Flood watch to take effect as atmospheric river moves into region
- Martis Valley West battle heats up
- Squaw Valley ski resort opens; hundreds line up to take first turns on mountain (video)
- Several inches of rain falls in Truckee-Tahoe area