Obituary: Andrew Laurance Metlenko
June 20, 2013
Andrew Laurance Metlenko, 18, of Reno, Nevada entered into eternal life on Tuesday June 11, 2013.
Andrew was born in Novato, California, on May 3, 1995 to Michael and Laura Metlenko. At the age of three, Andrew along with his family moved to Truckee, California his Mother's hometown. He lived in Truckee until his family decided to move to Reno in 2011.
Andrew's heart however stayed in Truckee. He continued his school career at Truckee High School up until he completed his requirements on June 11th.
He was set to graduate with his class on Saturday June 15, 2013.
Andrew is survived by his parents Michael and Laura Metlenko of Reno, Nv., brothers Trevor and Cole Metlenko Reno, Nv., paternal grandparents George and Maria Metlenko Reno, Nv. maternal grandparents Mike and Juanita "Nina" Mroczkowski of Truckee, Ca., as well as his great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and many friends.
There will be a Celebration of Life being held for Andrew on Saturday, June 22, 2013, at 12:00 at Truckee High School's Surprise Stadium. All are welcome to come and celebrate the life of Andrew.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Bark beetle infestation continues to threaten Tahoe-Truckee forests
- Shortage of construction workers in Nevada County reaching critical levels
- Incline Flume Trail received $130K grant for improvements, and is now open to the public
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Tahoe City company brings gourmet dining to the wilderness