Obituary: Barbara Deniece Sorensen
December 5, 2013
Barbara Deniece Sorensen, loving wife of W. Reed Sorensen, passed away November 19th, 2013, from complications associated with her recent heart surgery.
Barbara was dearly loved by all who knew her because of her magnetic personality, and helpfulness … the personification of volunteerism. She was a longtime resident of Soda Springs, CA, where she and Reed enjoyed the peaceful surroundings along with the skiing at Sugar Bowl in which they both were involved. Her favorite pastime was cooking where she excelled.
Her survivors include sister Rita and family (Carson City, NV), three daughters, Marci Wallace (Gresham, Or), Michelle DeFroscia (Martinez, Ca), Gigi Grief (Kamiah, Id), and son Richard Sorensen (Dover, New Hampshire).
Additionally, there are numerous grandchildren and great grandchildren. Also, Reed’s two daughters, Wendy Gales and Deborah Jepsen, both of Modesto, Ca. and additional grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Barbara will be warmly remembered and severely missed.
A CELEBRATION OF LIFE get together will be held at the Sugar Bowl Judah Lodge on January 18th, 2014, at 5:00 PM. Be sure to bring your stories and remembrances of this dear lady.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village