Obituary: Barbara Deniece Sorensen
December 5, 2013
Barbara Deniece Sorensen, loving wife of W. Reed Sorensen, passed away November 19th, 2013, from complications associated with her recent heart surgery.
Barbara was dearly loved by all who knew her because of her magnetic personality, and helpfulness … the personification of volunteerism. She was a longtime resident of Soda Springs, CA, where she and Reed enjoyed the peaceful surroundings along with the skiing at Sugar Bowl in which they both were involved. Her favorite pastime was cooking where she excelled.
Her survivors include sister Rita and family (Carson City, NV), three daughters, Marci Wallace (Gresham, Or), Michelle DeFroscia (Martinez, Ca), Gigi Grief (Kamiah, Id), and son Richard Sorensen (Dover, New Hampshire).
Additionally, there are numerous grandchildren and great grandchildren. Also, Reed's two daughters, Wendy Gales and Deborah Jepsen, both of Modesto, Ca. and additional grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Barbara will be warmly remembered and severely missed.
A CELEBRATION OF LIFE get together will be held at the Sugar Bowl Judah Lodge on January 18th, 2014, at 5:00 PM. Be sure to bring your stories and remembrances of this dear lady.
Trending In: Obituaries
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- 250-unit apartment complex changes hands
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Resort occupancy drops for first time since 2011-12