Obituary: Barrie Leigh Stocker
March 12, 2013
Barrie Leigh Stocker, age 63, formerly a resident of South Lake Tahoe, Calif., passed away on Feb. 6, 2013. Barrie was born in Salem, Mass., on Oct. 31, 1949, and lived in Marblehead, graduating from Marblehead High School.
He attended college at the University of New Hampshire and graduated from Berkley University with a degree in physics. He resided at both North Lake Tahoe and South Lake Tahoe where he owned several homes.
He worked for various companies including Oracle as a senior software engineer. His passions were skiing, sailing and biking. He could often be found coming down a slope on a nearby mountain.
Barrie is survived by his father, George Frederick Stocker of Osterville and Yarmouth Port, Mass., and formerly of Marblehead; his brother William Frederick Stocker of Swampscott, Mass.; and his sister, Sharon Stocker Masters of Holly Springs, North Carolina. He was predeceased by his mother, Nathalie Corning Stocker.
A memorial service will be held at the Eustis and Cornell Funeral Home, 142 Elm Street, Marblehead, Mass., on Saturday, Feb. 16 at 11a.m. Burial to follow in Wyoming Cemetery, Melrose, Mass. Visitation will begin at 10 a.m. Donations in Barrie’s memory may be made to the American Cancer Society, 30 Speen Street, Framingham, MA 01701. Please visit the online guestbook for Barrie at http://www.eustisandcornellfuneralhome.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway