Obituary: Betty Louise Sittre
March 6, 2014
Betty Louise Sittre, 72, left this earth to be with the Lord on February 5, 2014, with her family by her side, in Reno NV.
Betty and her late husband, Walt Sittre lived in Truckee for more than thirty years, where they raised their two children and owned and operated several businesses. They are remembered by friends and family for their hospitality and annual summer BBQs and parties. Betty loved her family dearly and enjoyed entertaining her friends.
During the 1970s and 1980s, Betty was very involved with her children and their youth sports. She was awarded many certificates of appreciation for score keeping and volunteering. In the mid 80s Betty and her family were responsible for pioneering the construction of the current rodeo grounds. After the death of her husband, Betty moved to Loyalton CA, where she had resided for the past twelve years. She enjoyed being outdoors and was known for her beautiful yard.
Betty is survived by her two children, Tracy Tonini of Reno NV, Martin Davy of Truckee, CA and their spouses Ty Tonini and Lori Davy. Five amazing grandchildren, Kayleigh White and Wade Davy, also their spouses Aaron White and Krystal Davy. Granddaughters, Amber, Kendal and Kolbi; great granddaughter, Jovie and a great grandchild on the way. Also, her two wonderful sisters: Cathy Osburn and Dorothy Leamon.
Grammy will be missed tremendously by her family but we will never forget her quirky, loving, good natured personality that brings a smile and laugh to all of us.
Trending In: Obituaries
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest