Obituary: Blake R. Beeman
Ryan Summerlin June 12, 2014
(1958-2014) Tahoe City
Blake R. Beeman passed away June 4, 2014 in the ICU of Tahoe Forest Hospital in Truckee, CA.
He was born to Charles R. “Dick” Beeman and Muriel Thompson White in an Army hospital in Stuttgart, Germany, and grew up in Upland, CA where he graduated from Upland High School. He lived in Tahoe City, CA until his death.
Blake was a beloved part of North Tahoe’s music community, not only playing in a number of local bands, but mentoring generations of musicians, and providing sound engineering/reinforcement for musicians in venues including the Crystal Bay Club, Concerts at Commons Beach, and Squaw Valley’s Bluesdays. His own band, The BeerGardeners has been a Tahoe favorite for decades.
Blake is survived by his mother Muriel White of Temecula, father DickBeeman, step-mom Barbara O. Beeman of Alta Loma, Brother Todd Beeman and sister-in-law Sharon Pendleton-Beeman of Wildomar, sister Joani Beeman LaChance and brother-in-law Randy LaChance of Encinitas, nieces Cassidy Beeman Kucera and husband Justin Kucera of Truckee, Charity Hennessy of Reno, nieces Kelsey, Marissa and Megan, and 4 great nieces and nephews, and of course his beloved white dog, Fiona.
A celebration of Blake’s life will be held in the Crown Room of North Tahoe’s Crystal Bay Club on the 2nd of August.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend