Obituary: Blake R. Beeman
June 12, 2014
(1958-2014) Tahoe City
Blake R. Beeman passed away June 4, 2014 in the ICU of Tahoe Forest Hospital in Truckee, CA.
He was born to Charles R. "Dick" Beeman and Muriel Thompson White in an Army hospital in Stuttgart, Germany, and grew up in Upland, CA where he graduated from Upland High School. He lived in Tahoe City, CA until his death.
Blake was a beloved part of North Tahoe's music community, not only playing in a number of local bands, but mentoring generations of musicians, and providing sound engineering/reinforcement for musicians in venues including the Crystal Bay Club, Concerts at Commons Beach, and Squaw Valley's Bluesdays. His own band, The BeerGardeners has been a Tahoe favorite for decades.
Blake is survived by his mother Muriel White of Temecula, father DickBeeman, step-mom Barbara O. Beeman of Alta Loma, Brother Todd Beeman and sister-in-law Sharon Pendleton-Beeman of Wildomar, sister Joani Beeman LaChance and brother-in-law Randy LaChance of Encinitas, nieces Cassidy Beeman Kucera and husband Justin Kucera of Truckee, Charity Hennessy of Reno, nieces Kelsey, Marissa and Megan, and 4 great nieces and nephews, and of course his beloved white dog, Fiona.
A celebration of Blake's life will be held in the Crown Room of North Tahoe's Crystal Bay Club on the 2nd of August.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week