Obituary: Bob Center
March 12, 2013
Bob Center, passed away on Saturday Feb. 23, 2013, from heart failure. He was 61 years young, and is survived by his son, Kit Center, his sisters Sue Lewis and Laura Center, brothers Charlie Center and Gary Center, brother-in-law Tom Vesely, his long time partner Suzie Cordero, his faithful dog Sadie and an incredibly large circle of extended family and friends. He was preceded in death by his parents Charlie and Ann Center.
Bob played the guitar, sang and had his own bands in his teens and twenties “Friendly Folk” and ”Harmony Wheel”. He had a great singing voice and tremendous memory for songs. A friend to many, he was always ready to lend an ear and had a smile that he let out easily. He was an artist, great cook, an excellent wood worker, and visionary. He loved swimming in Lake Tahoe and most recently lived in Incline Village. Bob was most recently employed by Olsen Construction in Incline and often commented on the great crew of guys he worked with.
Bob Center, Wi Ohlate Wachi (Dances under the Sun), will be greatly missed.
A Celebration of Bob’s life will be held on Sunday March 10, 2013 Location and time: to be announced.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists