Obituary: Brittney Calanne Hocking-Cangemi
May 1, 2013
Brittney Calanne Hocking-Cangemi was born in Auburn, California on Dec. 16th, 1991. She passed away unexpectedly at the young age of 21, on Sunday, April 14th, 2013.
Brittney graduated from Placer High School.
She loved water, camping, skiing, snowmobiling, playing the trumpet in the high school marching band and competing in pageants. She volunteered her time at Hot August Nights, the Genoa Candy Dance, and the Auburn Black and White Ball. Brittney worked at Goodwill of Auburn, Ca. and loved helping out wherever she could.
She is survived by her parents, Joseph Cangemi of Carson City, NV, Judith Hocking of Auburn, CA, her sister, Sabrina Hocking-Cangemi, also of Auburn, CA; Aunts Jeannie Bishop-Parise and family in Reno, NV, Joanne Senour and family in Silver Springs, NV, Uncle John Cangemi and family in Kona, Hawaii, grandparents John and Barbara Cangemi of Inverness, Florida, Robert Hocking of Grass Valley, CA, and many other relatives.
A celebration of her life will be held on Tuesday, May 14th at 11am, St. Teresa's Catholic Church on Lompa Lane, Carson City, NV.
Arrangements are in the care of FitzHenry's Funeral Home in Carson City, NV, 775-882-2644.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Crews to cut power for hour at Martis Camp, Schaffer’s Mill, other locations due to dangerous tree
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week