Obituary: Carmen Ocheltree VanLaw
May 5, 2014
Carmen Ocheltree VanLaw, 73, of Winnie, Texas, died Saturday, March 29, 2014, at her residence. She was born February 19, 1941, in Fort Dodge, Iowa and later made her family home in Marshalltown, Iowa.
In 1984, newly single and after her children were grown, she came to Incline Village, where she spent many happy and fulfilling years. In 2000, she moved to the Reno area, where she remained until 2007, when she moved to Winnie, Texas to be closer to her sister.
She is survived by her children: Duane VanLaw of Winnie, TX, Holly Lynn (Robert) Blayer and Wesley (Susan) VanLaw of Marshalltown, IA, Kelly Reeves of Arcadia, KS and Tracie VanLaw of Beaumont, TX, seven grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
She is also survived by three sisters – Karen Racca of Silsbee, TX, Connie Hogelucht of Dike, IA, Carol Ocheltree (Bernd Kronberger) of Beaverton, OR and a brother – Paul Collin Ocheltree (Marilyn) of Del Mar, CA, as well as several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, Patricia and Mansel Ocheltree of Incline Village.
A family committal was held in Beaumont, TX, at Broussard's Crematorium. Her ashes will be placed at rest in the Tahoe Memorial Columbarium, Incline Village.
Cards and memorials may be directed in Carmen's name to her family and sent to: Carmen VanLaw family, PO Box 1108, Winnie, TX 77665-1108.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie