Obituary: Chad Robert Smith Sr.
March 12, 2013
Chad Robert Smith Sr., 50, lost his battle to cancer on Friday, Jan. 25, 2013.
Chad was born in Inglewood, Calif. on June 3, 1962 to Gary Robert Smith and Gabrielle Paya Beim Smith. Chad grew up in Vista, California where he played football at Vista High School. He graduated from Vista High School in 1980, and from Feather River College in 1982 with a degree in Forestry. He was married to Dawnda Lynn Smith on June 9, 1989.
Chad and his wife Dawnda were the founders of Smith Crane and Rigging and Summit Crane, and long time residents of the Tahoe area. In his spare time, Chad loved camping, fishing, visiting his vacation home in Mexico, and spending time with his family. He was an avid San Diego Chargers fan; he watched football every chance he got.
Chad and Dawnda lived on Donner Summit for a number of years, and also lived in Truckee. After that they moved to Virginia City, Lake Arrowhead and then most recently, they lived in Markleeville.
A graveside service was held in Genoa, Nev. on Friday, Feb. 1.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows invests $4 million into snow safety
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas