Obituary: Charles Duane White
March 6, 2014
Jan 12, 1959 – Jan 30, 2014
Charles Duane "Popper" White quietly passed away on January 30, 2014 at the age of 55.
Duane was a kind and loving man who enjoyed life to the fullest. He loved the outdoors, especially fishing. He was a creative chef, cooked professionally and enjoyed sharing his amazing food with family and friends. He loved sports, and having lived most of his life in San Diego, California, was an avid fan of the San Diego Chargers and Padres.
Duane was a very devoted father. His greatest joy and accomplishment in life was being a stay at home father for his two children. He coached their soccer, basketball, and baseball teams; even winning a few championships. He would spend hours at dance lessons and plays.
Duane moved to Truckee, California four years ago, and enjoyed much of his time with his brother Jimbo on hunting and fishing trips.
He leaves behind his children, Zach and Lena White and their mother, Eva Friedlander of La Jolla, California; sister, Donna Scott of Poway, California; brother, James White, and his sister, Sandy Rademacher, both of Truckee, California.
A Memorial and celebration of Duane's life is planned for April 26, 2014, in San Diego, California. For information, email IlaRad@msn.com .
Trending In: Obituaries
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Public input sought on draft Truckee River Recreational Access Plan
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest