Obituary: Christopher Kirk Stone
March 12, 2013
Chris passed away in January at age 42 in his Reno, Nev., home. He is survived by his father, J. Michael Stone of Incline Village, Nev., his mother, Harriet I. Stone of Rio Vista, CA and his brother, Scott Stone of Piedmont, CA.
Chris graduated from Miramonte High School in Moraga, Calif., and received a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from USC in Los Angeles, Calif. His love of computers began at a young age at the dawn of the personal computer, and his entire career was involved in software development. He had other areas of interest, including economics, politics, health and fitness; all of which he pursued with great enthusiasm and involvement.
He loved the Lake Tahoe area and provided free software development services to organizations which support preservation of the lake and surrounding area. Memories of his life will never fade from our hearts and minds.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Sierra history: The legacy of Donner Ski Ranch, an 80-year-old resort rebel
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- Opinion: Racism in American, and at Lake Tahoe, needs to stop
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)