Obituary: Daniel Volpe
May 29, 2014
September 10, 1954 – May 21, 2014
Daniel “Danny” Volpe, 59, passed away on May 21st at Tahoe Forest Hospital after a long battle with cancer.
He was a loving father, brother and trusted friend to many.
Danny was born on September 10, 1954 to Anna (Nee) Andreattola and Jerry Volpe in Newark, NJ. In 1988 Danny moved to Lake Tahoe and worked with Lee and Frosty at the Gold Spike in Tahoma. Danny then worked 20 years with Stohlgren Brothers Dairy and a year for Produce Plus before he was stricken with cancer.
Danny loved his friends at Lake Tahoe and was always active in the community. He loved to fish. He was such a huge NY Yankee and NY Giant fan you would have thought he was on their payroll. He always flew the colors of his teams. He also loved the UNR football and basketball games. Danny enjoyed all his friends and the customers he met on his delivery routes. His favorite thing was to have a Captain Morgan and ginger ale at the Bridgetender or go to Pete’s for a couple and a game of pool.
Danny is survived by his son, Daniel Brian Volpe and wife Melissa, grandson D.J., sister, Serafina Martinez, brothers Joseph, Robert, and Raymond Volpe and many nieces and nephews. Danny was predeceased by his parents, sister Delores, and brothers Gerald,
Frank and Michael Volpe. Services will be held at a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes