Obituary: Darryl B. Martin
July 10, 2014
On Sunday afternoon, July 6, 2014, at his "heaven on earth," Lake Tahoe home, after a courageous 5-year battle with cancer, Darryl passed away peacefully with Diane, his loving wife of 52 years at his side.
Darryl was born September 24, 1938, in Santa Rosa, CA, to Elvin and Florence Martin (deceased). He spent his childhood there, graduated from U.C. Berkeley with a degree in Civil Engineering, worked for the California Department of Transportation for 17 years, after which, he spent the rest of his working life doing what he wanted to do in Real Estate investments and property management.
He was most happy doing things with his loving family and enjoying the great outdoors.
Darryl is survived by his wonderful children, Maria (Marc Thomas) , Louise (Kevin Yee), Stephen (Michele Kielty), and Angela (James Knoetgen), 10 loving and special grandchildren, brother Ronald Martin (Phyllis) and special nieces and nephews.
A Memorial Mass will be celebrated on Wednesday, July 16, 2014, at 12 noon, at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, 401 Mt. Rose Hwy 431, Incline Village, NV, 89451. All friends and family are invited to attend.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be sent to Sacramento Food Bank, 3333 Third Ave., Sacramento, CA 95817.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Truckee takes 26-14 win over Spring Creek
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season