Obituary: Derrold R. Daly
October 17, 2013
Derrold R. Daly, 84, of Live Oak, Ca, passed away October 3, 2013. Born May 1929 in Lincoln, Ca. A resident of the Yuba-Sutter area for most of his life except for 30 years that he had lived in Truckee.
Derrold worked for Cal-Trans during the 1950s . He had also worked for the Truckee Fire Department, where he retired as Assistant chief in 1984.
Derrold started the Duck Egg Salvage Program in Live Oak the early 1900s. During this time he had salvaged over 20,000 ducks.
He also enjoyed hunting, fishing, water-skiing and riding snowmobiles. His favorite sports teams were the S.F. Giants & the 49ers.
Derrold has had many friends over the years, but his "Best friends" were his beloved English Pointers "Pup and Sis."
Survivors include his two sisters, Dorene Bihlman of Live Oak and Zelma Carruthers of Rio Linda; children: Diane (Daly) Dunbar (Howard) of Alta Loma, Ca, David Daly of Reno, NV, Gail Daly of Yuba City, Ca; four grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Proceeded in death by his wife of 51 years, Beverly (Meyer).
Graveyard services were held on October 10th, 2013 at the Live Oak Cemetery. The family suggested memorial contributions to be made to the American Heart Association, Donations Processing Center File 30947, P. O. Box 60000 San Francisco, Ca 94160-0001.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows invests $4 million into snow safety
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)