Obituary: Diva Norma Simmerson
September 5, 2013
This is dedicated in memory to our loving Mama, Grandma, Lil Grandma, Great Granny and Nonie, Diva Norma Simmerson, who left this world surrounded by her loving family on May 14, 2013 to join her heavenly family.
Born and raised in San Francisco , Ca with loving parents John and Katherina Musante, sisters Edna and Alma and "baby" brother Elmo. Graduated from San Francisco Schools. Worked at Simplicity Patterns for 30 years.
During the War, Diva worked with the USO in San Francisco, the egg factory and fish cannery. She spent the last 15 years at her beloved Tahoe City home with Laura and Wayne Walter.
Diva had 6 children, Gary Amber, James Ambler, Janet Trautman, Nancy McCoy, Laura Walton and son Jerald, who preceded her in death, also loving son-in-law Wayne Walton. Proceeding her in death was first husband Harrison J. Amber, and late husband William Simmerson. She had 17 grandchildren, 25 great grandchildren and 5 great great grandchildren.
She loved to cook for her family and friends, and always for family gatherings she fixed her wonderful "green" basil pesto and raviolis. In her many travels, her favorite was Hawaii.
In celebration of Diva's life, friends and family are welcome to Laura and Wayne Walton's home at 450 Bonanza Drive in Tahoe City on September 7, 2013 starting at 2:00 until 5:00.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend