OBITUARY | Dixie Ann Williams
June 27, 2013
Sept. 25, 1968 – April 20, 2013
Dixie Ann Estes was born on September 25th, 1968, to parents Hiram and Dixie Pritchard Williams. She passed away on April 20, 2013, in Umatilla, OR at the age of 44.
Dixie was raised in Truckee, attended school in Truckee and lived there until getting married and moving to Oregon. She has lived in Oregon for the last 24 years.
Dixie worked as care giver for many years. She was an avid collector of Lucille Ball memorabilia.
Dixie loved pets and would take in any stray she found. She had a special bond with her dog Milly, her constant companion. She was loved by many and will be sorely missed, especially by her family.
Dixie loved spending time with her grandchildren and fishing. She will leave a big hole in her daughters` hearts.
She is survived by her daughters, Jessica and Heather Estes, both of Hermiston, OR; grandchildren: Bryan Virgil, Matthew White, Carly Virgil and Myleigh Virgil; brothers Monty Williams (wife Joanne), and Benny
Garcia (wife Kamara); sisters : Sandy Garcia and Deana Puha; aunt Bobbie Lehr and Eula Robbins, several nieces and nephews and cousins.
Dixie was preceded in death by both of her parents.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (video)
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- Fernley’s game-winning touchdown drive upends Truckee comeback
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)