Obituary: Donald Patnode
June 19, 2014
Our beloved Don Patnode passed February 15, 2014, at his home. He was born May 19, 1950, in Plattsburgh, New York to Francis and Nora Patnode.
Don was an avid skier, hiker and outdoorsman. He enjoyed his outdoor life in Soda Springs, Ca, where he lived and worked as a carpenter/contractor for 30 years. From 1969 to 1975 he served in the Army, Special Forces Unit.
He moved to Shasta Lake 10 years ago to be near his family.
He lives behind his companion. Shannon Jindell, and her children, Nathan and Anna Jindell, his brother Jery Patnode, and his children, Jake, Jerry and Nora Patnode; and sisters, Sherry Varin, Robin Patnode and Beth Gebo as well as many nieces and nephews. He was loved and will be missed by all.
Celebration for Donny will be held on June 28th 2014 at Bobby Sherwoods House at 21111 Donner Pass Road in Soda Springs, Ca
Everyone is invited. The ceremony is at 1:00pm, big party to follow. For more information call Bobby Sherwood at 530 414 0278, Nancy Latimer at 530-426-3761 or Paul Schott at 530 277 9153.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village