Obituary: Eve Cartan
August 29, 2013
Eve Cartan passed away, peacefully, on August 22nd, 2013, in her home in Nevada City, CA.
Eve was born on December 10th, 1929 in Prague, Czechoslovakia. Eve immigrated to the United States in 1937, and lived nearly her entire life in Northern California. Eve was the beloved wife of Joseph E. Cartan. Together, for over twenty-five years, they successfully established and ran a wonderful children’s business in the Reno, Nevada, community.
Her zest for life was an inspiration and role model to her surviving five children, eleven grandchildren and one great-grandchild. “Nana,” to her grandchildren, loved being in nature, particularly hiking with her family in the Lake Tahoe area.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports