Obituary: Evelyn ‘Dolly’ Juanita Nored
July 28, 2014
Evelyn 'Dolly' Juanita Nored passed away peacefully on Friday, July 25, 2014, in Carson City, Nev. She was 74 years old. Born Feb. 22, 1940 in Bakersfield, CA to Carolina and Angelo Knight; one of 11 siblings.
A Tahoe City area resident since 1957 where husband, Thomas Nored (deceased 1994) raised six girls, and had West Shore Nursery.
Survived by Pam Sisk & husband Ed Sisk of Stagecoach, NV, Diana Biegel & husband Jim Biegel of Santa Rosa, CA, Priscilla Stewart & husband Bob Stewart of El Dorado Hills, CA, Penny Nored & husband Dalton Leech of Tahoe City, CA, Tommie Nored-Black & Arik Wilson of Tahoma, CA, and Paula Brandt & husband Eric Brandt of El Dorado Hills, CA, 18 grandchildren (Tannis, Kristina, Houston, Jamie, Danielle, Forest, Allison, Matthew, Christopher, Landon, Lacey, Grant, Miles, Payton, Devon, Holly, Spencer, and Ashlee), and 11 great-grandchildren (Taylor, Sean, Brant, Kolby, Jakob, Sydney, Quintin, Nevaeh, Rashaan, DeAngelo, and Leah).
Evelyn was full of life, and adored by all that knew her with her kind heart and infectious sense of humor. She was a kind and loving mother, grand-mother, and friend.
Viewing: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 4-8 p.m. at Truckee-Tahoe Mortuary, 10126 Church Street Truckee, CA 530-587-4342.
Service: Friday, August 1, 2014, 10 a.m. at Corpus Christi Catholic Church, Tahoe City, CA.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)
- Truckee takes 26-14 win over Spring Creek