Obituary: Gerald (Jerry) Rye
October 9, 2013
Gerald (Jerry) Rye, 68, born November 16, 1944 in Minnesota, passed away on July 27, 2013.
Jerry graduated from Chico State and was a school teacher until he moved to Tahoe where he owned and operated Bushwhackers Tree Service for many years.
He was an exceptional athlete who, throughout his life, enjoyed tennis, racquetball, squash, skiing, and golf. He also enjoyed hunting, fishing and traveling.
Jerry will be remembered for his sense of humor, tenacity, and zest for life. He was a unique person who will leave a lasting impression with his friends and family. As his friend, Gregor from Australia, proudly said, "Jerry was the best man I've ever known."
Jerry will be missed by his wife Diane; son, Brian; daughter, Mary; siblings, Bonnie and Russell; 6 grandchildren, Kate, Peyton, Bradley, Allison, Erin, Trent; and many friends.
A celebration of life for Jerry will be held on October 13 from 1-3 pm at Burnt Cedar Beach, Incline Village, NV.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage