Obituary: Gerald (Jerry) Rye
October 9, 2013
Gerald (Jerry) Rye, 68, born November 16, 1944 in Minnesota, passed away on July 27, 2013.
Jerry graduated from Chico State and was a school teacher until he moved to Tahoe where he owned and operated Bushwhackers Tree Service for many years.
He was an exceptional athlete who, throughout his life, enjoyed tennis, racquetball, squash, skiing, and golf. He also enjoyed hunting, fishing and traveling.
Jerry will be remembered for his sense of humor, tenacity, and zest for life. He was a unique person who will leave a lasting impression with his friends and family. As his friend, Gregor from Australia, proudly said, “Jerry was the best man I’ve ever known.”
Jerry will be missed by his wife Diane; son, Brian; daughter, Mary; siblings, Bonnie and Russell; 6 grandchildren, Kate, Peyton, Bradley, Allison, Erin, Trent; and many friends.
A celebration of life for Jerry will be held on October 13 from 1-3 pm at Burnt Cedar Beach, Incline Village, NV.
Trending In: Obituaries
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October