Obituary: Jackson Craig Ferree
August 29, 2013
Jackson Craig Ferree, 17 years old, passed away on August 21, 2013 at Renown Regional Medical Center following complications arising from a car accident in Truckee. Jackson was an organ donor and gave the gift of life to other families.
Until he moved to Anchorage last summer, Jackson lived in Truckee and attended Alder Creek Middle School and Truckee High School.
Jackson would have been a senior at Robert Service High School in Anchorage, Alaska, this year.
He was looking forward to participating in Service High School’s debate team and getting ready to go to college in the fall of 2014. Jackson loved to play video games, read fantasy/science fiction, and play in “Magic: The Gathering” card tournaments with other like-minded individuals of all ages. He was kind, had a deeply rooted sense of justice, and loved dogs.
Jackson is survived by his mother and father, Laura and Ken Ferree of Anchorage, Alaska, his sister, Rachel Ferree of Chicago, Illinois, and his beloved dogs, Buddy, Kanga, and Pugnax His grandparents Jim and Pat Clauson live in Johnstown, NY, and Wayne and Diane Ferree live in Minden, NV. His many aunts, uncles, and cousins live all over the country and will gather in Truckee to celebrate his life next weekend.
Jackson’s Celebration of Life will take place at the West End Beach Pavilion in Truckee on Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. If you would like to make a donation in Jackson’s name, please consider donating to the Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe (www.hstt.org).
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Opinion: The facts about Washoe school’s capital program, amid WC-1