Obituary: James Whitcomb Brougher IV
Ryan Summerlin July 30, 2013
James Whitcomb Brougher IV, son of Jan and James W. Brougher, passed away July 7, 2013 in Truckee, California.
“Jimmy” was born November 16, 1961 in Walnut Creek, California. He graduated from Linfield College in McMinnville, Oregon where he received a BA in Business.
He held positions with Chlorox, Mobile Oil and Crane Service Corp. but spent most of his working life as a skilled painter. An outdoor enthusiast, he bicycled, hiked, skied and played tennis. He was ever optimistic, cheerful, energetic and loved his family.
He is survived by sister Cindy Zalunardo, her husband Dave and nephew Michael and brother Randy Brougher, his wife Nancy and nieces Nicole and Emily. He will greatly be missed.
Memorial donations in Jimmy’s name may be made to Linfield College Institutional Advancement, 900 SE baker St., McMinnville, OR 097128. Arrangements in care of Truckee-Tahoe Mortuary and Crematory.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Amid housing crisis, North Tahoe-Truckee real estate sales thrive
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- Opinion: Placer County shows lack of commitment to Lake Tahoe