Obituary: Janet Mae Moose-Ross
August 1, 2013
October 12, 1954 — July 30, 2013
Janet was born in Schurz Nevada to Betty and Harlan Moose. She graduated from Sparks High School in 1972. Janet worked at the Reno and Sparks Post Offices until she retired in 2009. She lived in Truckee for many years where she met the love of her life and married Darryl Ross in 2000. Although she lived in Truckee, she always remained a "Nevada Girl."
Janet's passions were her family, friends, and fishing with her loving husband Darryl. She is survived by her husband Darryl Ross as well as her sisters Ellen Brock, Linda Johnson, Roberta Moose-Gilbert, and her beloved dog Sammy.
She touched the lives of everyone who knew her. She was the most loving, giving, caring, and thoughtful person ever. She died on a beautiful summer day doing the things she loved most in life. RIP Janet, you will live in our hearts forever.
A celebration of life will be held out at Pyramid Lake all day Saturday October 12th. It will be at Sutcliffe at Crosby's Lodge.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)