Obituary: Janet Mae Moose-Ross
Ryan Summerlin August 1, 2013
October 12, 1954 — July 30, 2013
Janet was born in Schurz Nevada to Betty and Harlan Moose. She graduated from Sparks High School in 1972. Janet worked at the Reno and Sparks Post Offices until she retired in 2009. She lived in Truckee for many years where she met the love of her life and married Darryl Ross in 2000. Although she lived in Truckee, she always remained a “Nevada Girl.”
Janet’s passions were her family, friends, and fishing with her loving husband Darryl. She is survived by her husband Darryl Ross as well as her sisters Ellen Brock, Linda Johnson, Roberta Moose-Gilbert, and her beloved dog Sammy.
She touched the lives of everyone who knew her. She was the most loving, giving, caring, and thoughtful person ever. She died on a beautiful summer day doing the things she loved most in life. RIP Janet, you will live in our hearts forever.
A celebration of life will be held out at Pyramid Lake all day Saturday October 12th. It will be at Sutcliffe at Crosby’s Lodge.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer