Obituary: Jayne Garcia
July 4, 2013
Jayne Garcia, 60, of Auburn, CA passed June 20, 2013.
She was born May 25, 1953 in Pittsburg, Kansas, and lived in Missouri as a child, later moving to California with her family while still at a young age. She split her time between Auburn, CA, close to her extended family, and North Lake Tahoe, where she enjoyed the beauty of the Sierra as a homemaker and a one-time innkeeper.
She took joy from puzzling, arts and crafts and spending as much time as possible with her 5 sons and grandson.
Although she faced adversity and trials throughout her life, she persevered with a strength and resolve which stands as an inspiration to her family and friends.
She is survived by her father, Oak, brothers Joe and Jim, sisters Charleen and Linda, sons, Mike, Mark, Matt, Nick and Dylan, grandson, Jhaelen and many cousins, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her beloved mother, Dorothy, and her dear sister, Laurel.
A Celebration of Life reception will be held at the Tahoe Event Center located at 8318 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach, CA, Wednesday, July 10th, 2013 from 12:00 – 2:00 pm. All friends are welcome.
Trending In: Obituaries
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October