Obituary: Jeanne Howard
September 19, 2013
Jeanne Howard, daughter of Truckee’s Butterfly Girl, Ximena McGlashan, and grand-daughter of Truckee patriarch, Charles Fayette McGlashan, died on September 9th, 2013, in Oakland.
She graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in English and taught in Alameda County elementary schools for a number of years. She carried on her family’s legacy of engagement in civic and environmental concerns and was an active volunteer in numerous community organizations in Berkeley.
She is survived by her son, Tino Plank of Santa Rosa and her daughter Suzanne Jones of Berkeley. Donations in her name can be made to the Truckee Donner Historical Society or the World Wildlife Fund.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway