Obituary: Jeanne Howard
September 19, 2013
Jeanne Howard, daughter of Truckee's Butterfly Girl, Ximena McGlashan, and grand-daughter of Truckee patriarch, Charles Fayette McGlashan, died on September 9th, 2013, in Oakland.
She graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in English and taught in Alameda County elementary schools for a number of years. She carried on her family's legacy of engagement in civic and environmental concerns and was an active volunteer in numerous community organizations in Berkeley.
She is survived by her son, Tino Plank of Santa Rosa and her daughter Suzanne Jones of Berkeley. Donations in her name can be made to the Truckee Donner Historical Society or the World Wildlife Fund.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)
- Truckee takes 26-14 win over Spring Creek