Obituary: Jeanne Howard
September 19, 2013
Jeanne Howard, daughter of Truckee's Butterfly Girl, Ximena McGlashan, and grand-daughter of Truckee patriarch, Charles Fayette McGlashan, died on September 9th, 2013, in Oakland.
She graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in English and taught in Alameda County elementary schools for a number of years. She carried on her family's legacy of engagement in civic and environmental concerns and was an active volunteer in numerous community organizations in Berkeley.
She is survived by her son, Tino Plank of Santa Rosa and her daughter Suzanne Jones of Berkeley. Donations in her name can be made to the Truckee Donner Historical Society or the World Wildlife Fund.
Trending In: Obituaries
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- 250-unit apartment complex changes hands
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Resort occupancy drops for first time since 2011-12