Obituary: Jeanne Howard
Ryan Summerlin September 19, 2013
Jeanne Howard, daughter of Truckee’s Butterfly Girl, Ximena McGlashan, and grand-daughter of Truckee patriarch, Charles Fayette McGlashan, died on September 9th, 2013, in Oakland.
She graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in English and taught in Alameda County elementary schools for a number of years. She carried on her family’s legacy of engagement in civic and environmental concerns and was an active volunteer in numerous community organizations in Berkeley.
She is survived by her son, Tino Plank of Santa Rosa and her daughter Suzanne Jones of Berkeley. Donations in her name can be made to the Truckee Donner Historical Society or the World Wildlife Fund.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer