Obituary: Jeanne Howard
September 19, 2013
Jeanne Howard, daughter of Truckee's Butterfly Girl, Ximena McGlashan, and grand-daughter of Truckee patriarch, Charles Fayette McGlashan, died on September 9th, 2013, in Oakland.
She graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in English and taught in Alameda County elementary schools for a number of years. She carried on her family's legacy of engagement in civic and environmental concerns and was an active volunteer in numerous community organizations in Berkeley.
She is survived by her son, Tino Plank of Santa Rosa and her daughter Suzanne Jones of Berkeley. Donations in her name can be made to the Truckee Donner Historical Society or the World Wildlife Fund.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues