Obituary: Johnson, Arthur (Art/Artie) A.
June 20, 2013
Born in Oakland, California, on May 8, 1938, and died in Casa Grande, Arizona, on Tuesday, May 28, 2013. Art was diagnosed with cancer in mid-April and died less than six weeks later. He retired to Casa Grande in 1997 from Tahoe City, California. He will be remembered as a guy who loved to play golf, read golf, watch golf (on TV), was great fun to be around, and loved by all who knew him. Anyone who ever got the "Artie look" will never forget it! He is survived by wife Duane Johnson, (formerly of Tahoe City); his two children, daughter Rachel Johnson of Reno, Nevada and son Jeffrey Johnson of Oakland, California; and a sister, Nancy Wells of Prineville, Oregon.
Art served his country and his community in the Army, was a Mason and a Shriner. During parts of Art's life he owned and operated a service station, and a restaurant/bar. He also worked in the construction field. Art will be greatly missed!
Trending In: Obituaries
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in Squaw Valley, Truckee on Thursday, Sept. 21 (Video)
- One person killed in 16-vehicle crash Thursday on I-80
- Nevada County prosecutor: child sex suspect caught at airport
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- The legacy of Lora Knight