Obituary: Joy Atkinson
Ryan Summerlin October 3, 2013
Joy Atkinson, born Jan. 23, 1941, age 72, passed away peacefully on the evening of Sept. 18, 2013.
A fifty year resident of Truckee, CA. Born in Paris Ark and moving to Sebastopol, CA as a young girl.
In the early sixties she moved to Truckee with her husband, Dick Atkinson and two young sons in tow. Mom was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and possibly the best aunt in the world.
She will be forever in our hearts, our thoughts and will be greatly missed.
She was preceded in death by her son Mike Atkinson of Truckee and leaves behind her husband, Dick Atkinson of Truckee, her son Maurice Atkinson of Truckee and daughter, Melinda Atkinson of Reno. She also leaves behind sisters Margaret and Jesse of Sebastopol, grandchildren Chris and Eli and many nieces and nephews.
Mom will be at peace at the Pleasant Hill Memorial Park & Mortuary in Sebastopol, CA.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer