Obituary: Joy Atkinson
October 3, 2013
Joy Atkinson, born Jan. 23, 1941, age 72, passed away peacefully on the evening of Sept. 18, 2013.
A fifty year resident of Truckee, CA. Born in Paris Ark and moving to Sebastopol, CA as a young girl.
In the early sixties she moved to Truckee with her husband, Dick Atkinson and two young sons in tow. Mom was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and possibly the best aunt in the world.
She will be forever in our hearts, our thoughts and will be greatly missed.
She was preceded in death by her son Mike Atkinson of Truckee and leaves behind her husband, Dick Atkinson of Truckee, her son Maurice Atkinson of Truckee and daughter, Melinda Atkinson of Reno. She also leaves behind sisters Margaret and Jesse of Sebastopol, grandchildren Chris and Eli and many nieces and nephews.
Mom will be at peace at the Pleasant Hill Memorial Park & Mortuary in Sebastopol, CA.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage