Obituary: Joy Michiel
November 20, 2013
June 24, 1953 – November 13, 2013
Local entertainer Joy Michiel, also known as “Big Joy,” passed away Wednesday morning, November 13, 2013, at St. Mary’s Hospital, Reno, due to heart failure.
She appeared in many movies, shows, stage plays and musicals, and loved the Tahoe community, performing in Star Follies, TAMA, SnowFest!, and numerous fund raising events. She also sang with the band “Bigg Funn” with husband Steve, hosted Murder Mysteries and performed her unique “Big Joy Show.”
She touched everyone she met with her upbeat nature, warm smile, and positive outlook. She’ll be sadly missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by husband Steve, stepfather Craig Satterfield and wife Cynthia, stepmother Ruth Michiel, and her beloved cats, Molly Jones, T.C., and Lilac.
A Celebration of Joy is planned for March.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway