Obituary: Joy Michiel
November 20, 2013
June 24, 1953 – November 13, 2013
Local entertainer Joy Michiel, also known as "Big Joy," passed away Wednesday morning, November 13, 2013, at St. Mary's Hospital, Reno, due to heart failure.
She appeared in many movies, shows, stage plays and musicals, and loved the Tahoe community, performing in Star Follies, TAMA, SnowFest!, and numerous fund raising events. She also sang with the band "Bigg Funn" with husband Steve, hosted Murder Mysteries and performed her unique "Big Joy Show."
She touched everyone she met with her upbeat nature, warm smile, and positive outlook. She'll be sadly missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by husband Steve, stepfather Craig Satterfield and wife Cynthia, stepmother Ruth Michiel, and her beloved cats, Molly Jones, T.C., and Lilac.
A Celebration of Joy is planned for March.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues