Obituary: Kathleen Constantine
February 19, 2014
Kathleen Constantine died Tuesday, Feb. 18, in Portland, Oregon, after a long battle with cancer.
Originally from the Midwest, Kathleen came out to Los Angeles just after high school where she worked in administration for Rocketdyne and later in real estate before moving to Sacramento.
She proudly raised 3 children and 3 stepchildren and enjoyed being "nana" to her growing number of grandchildren. A later move to Incline Village brought her more opportunity for being outdoors, hiking and enjoying the beach at Lake Tahoe, and she also became the welcoming face of the Lake Tahoe School, where she was known as "Miss Kathleen" to many more children.
She was quick to smile and laugh and enjoyed socializing with a close circle of wonderful friends as well as traveling, especially to her favorite destination, Maui. Due to her resilient spirit, many did not realize she had been battling advanced cancer for the past 6 years. She will be greatly missed by many.
A "Celebration of Life" will take place at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, 701 Mt. Rose Highway, Incline Village, at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22.
A reception will immediately follow at 538 Jensen Circle, Incline Village.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Truckee’s craft beer scene exploded way back in 1876 with opening of the massive Boca Brewery
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest