Obituary: Linda Zanetti
February 19, 2014
July 9th, 1941 – February 8, 2014
Linda, better known to her friends as “Lyn,” was active in every community in which she lived. She was born and raised in Bellflower, California. With her husband Robert and three children she moved to Soda Springs from Chico, CA over 40 years ago. And while she never fully left Donner Summit, Lyn’s last few years were also spent in Reno, Sacramento and Wasilla, Alaska.
Lyn’s activities were varied. On Donner Summit she cooked at the railroad restaurant in the Norden train shed, served on the board and as president of Donner Summit Public Utility District for many years and at the same time was part owner and operator of Soda Springs Ski Area.
Her Truckee activities included president of the Truckee Cemetery Board, member of the Wyethia Garden Club, charter member of Truckee Sunrise Rotary and its president in 1996.
She worked at Tahoe Forest Hospital Human Resources during the 1980s and was later a member of the Hospital Foundation. Rotary was also a special love of Lyn’s.
Lyn passed away peacefully, with family at her side. She is survived by her husband Robert, children Lisa Zanetti (Chuck) Freeze, Andrea Zanetti, Michael (Carrie) Zanetti and grandchildren Emma, Lucy and Gabriel.
A Memorial Service is planned for the spring at her son’s home in Sacramento. Donations may be made to any charity who’s mission it is to help children in need.
Trending In: Obituaries
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October