Obituary: Marilyn Joyce Fortson Berry
December 18, 2013
Marilyn Joyce Fortson Berry, 82, beloved wife, mother and grandmother, passed away peacefully in Palm Springs surrounded by her children on Friday, November 8th, after a valiant nine-year battle with lung cancer.
Marilyn was born in Everett, Washington, and moved to Palo Alto, California, after her marriage to Robert B. Berry. They raised three children, Robert, Suzanne, and Richard, and Marilyn developed a successful recruiting career in Silicon Valley.
Upon retirement, Marilyn and Bob enjoyed living in Incline Village and Palm Springs. Marilyn loved travel, golf and bridge, and she enjoyed an active social life.
She is survived by her three children and her five grandchildren. She will be greatly missed by all who loved her and were loved by her.
Donations in Marilyn’s memory can be made to the MD Anderson Cancer Center, Moon Shot Program – gifts.mdanderson.org.
Trending In: Obituaries
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October