Obituary: Marilyn Joyce Fortson Berry
December 18, 2013
Marilyn Joyce Fortson Berry, 82, beloved wife, mother and grandmother, passed away peacefully in Palm Springs surrounded by her children on Friday, November 8th, after a valiant nine-year battle with lung cancer.
Marilyn was born in Everett, Washington, and moved to Palo Alto, California, after her marriage to Robert B. Berry. They raised three children, Robert, Suzanne, and Richard, and Marilyn developed a successful recruiting career in Silicon Valley.
Upon retirement, Marilyn and Bob enjoyed living in Incline Village and Palm Springs. Marilyn loved travel, golf and bridge, and she enjoyed an active social life.
She is survived by her three children and her five grandchildren. She will be greatly missed by all who loved her and were loved by her.
Donations in Marilyn’s memory can be made to the MD Anderson Cancer Center, Moon Shot Program – gifts.mdanderson.org.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports