Obituary: Marjorie Fellows
April 21, 2014
Spunky, Fun, Humorous and Courageous; a pioneer of Tahoe, Marge Fellows (101 years) died on April 13, 2014 in Davis, California.
Marjorie was born on August 4, 1912 in Elgin, Oregon to Sherman and Bertha Chappell. Riding on one horse with her three brothers, she attended a one-room school house.
The family moved to Eureka and later to Mountain View, California. Marjorie graduated from Mt. View High School in 1931. She married Raymond Fellows on June 13, 1934. Marge and Ray moved to Carnelian Bay in 1941.
They were owners of the Trading Post Resort, the Carnelian Bay Grocery and later, a miniature golf course. Marjorie was the Postmaster in Carnelian Bay for 30 years.
She was an avid skier, hiker, ice skater, dancer, gardener, and traveler. Many will remember her light-hearted and spirited conversations. She lived long and touched many lives.
Marjorie is survived by her three children: Lewis Fellows of Granite Bay, Sandy Schroeder of Ft. Collins, Colorado and Debbie Hunter of Winters. She is also survived by nine grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren. Memorial Service: 11:00 AM May 10th Christ the King Lutheran Church in Tahoe City. If desired, donations can be made to the North Lake Tahoe Historical Society Museum.
Trending In: Obituaries
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- 250-unit apartment complex changes hands
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Resort occupancy drops for first time since 2011-12