Obituary: Mary Cox
April 24, 2014
Mary Cox was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and friend, she left this earth peacefully on April 18, 2014 surrounded by her family.
She was born on September 9, 1936 in Endicott, Nebraska to Albert and Corrine Shepherd. She met the love of her life, Marvin and raised three children in Pleasanton, CA. They were happily married for 60 years.
She was passionate about her family, sewing her dolls, visiting the ocean and she never met a person she didn’t invite into her circle of friends.
Mary will be greatly missed my her loving husband Marvin of Gardnerville, NV, her sister Alberta of Vallejo, CA, her children Bruce Cox (Cheryl) of Pleasanton, CA, Michael Cox of Washington and Brenda Cox Brouwers (Chris) of Truckee, CA, as well as her grandchildren, Christopher, Cody, Brittney, and Shawna Rae Brouwers, as well as many other family and friends.
A memorial service will be held at Walton’s Funeral Home at 1521 Church Street, Gardnerville, NV. The family will be greeting friends and relatives at 3:00 pm on Sunday, May 4, 2014. A reception will immediately follow at the funeral home.
The family requests memorial donations be made in her name to The Special Olympics at http://www.specialolympics.org.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens