Obituary: Mary Cox
Ryan Summerlin April 24, 2014
Mary Cox was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and friend, she left this earth peacefully on April 18, 2014 surrounded by her family.
She was born on September 9, 1936 in Endicott, Nebraska to Albert and Corrine Shepherd. She met the love of her life, Marvin and raised three children in Pleasanton, CA. They were happily married for 60 years.
She was passionate about her family, sewing her dolls, visiting the ocean and she never met a person she didn’t invite into her circle of friends.
Mary will be greatly missed my her loving husband Marvin of Gardnerville, NV, her sister Alberta of Vallejo, CA, her children Bruce Cox (Cheryl) of Pleasanton, CA, Michael Cox of Washington and Brenda Cox Brouwers (Chris) of Truckee, CA, as well as her grandchildren, Christopher, Cody, Brittney, and Shawna Rae Brouwers, as well as many other family and friends.
A memorial service will be held at Walton’s Funeral Home at 1521 Church Street, Gardnerville, NV. The family will be greeting friends and relatives at 3:00 pm on Sunday, May 4, 2014. A reception will immediately follow at the funeral home.
The family requests memorial donations be made in her name to The Special Olympics at www.specialolympics.org.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Amid housing crisis, North Tahoe-Truckee real estate sales thrive
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- Opinion: Placer County shows lack of commitment to Lake Tahoe