Obituary: Mary Ellen (Muha) Costa
February 13, 2014
Mary Ellen (Muha) Costa was born on January 3, 1965 in Springfield Mass to Andrew and Iris Muha. The youngest of 4, she relished a close-knit family with her mother Iris Durland, sister Nancy Simpson, and brothers Drew Muha and Jeff Muha.
Mary Ellen graduated from Alton (IL) High School as Valedictorian in 1983, the University of Illinois with a BA in Economics in 1987, and spent her career with Procter and Gamble in Dallas until 1997.
She married Dow Costa (Alton, IL) in 1990, and created her own loving family of three girls, Allison, Elizabeth, and Emma Costa, who have lived in Truckee, CA since 2000.
Mary Ellen was diagnosed with brain cancer in February of 2003, but fought inspiringly until February 2, 2014. Mary Ellen will long be remembered for the sparkle in her eyes, her ever-present smile, her love of music, her unwavering faith, and the depth of her spirit.
If 'love is how you stay alive after you are gone', then Mary Ellen is very much alive…
A beautiful Celebration of Life service was held February 8th, at Alder Creek Middle School in Truckee, CA. In lieu of flowers, honorariums can be made to:
1) Mary Ellen Costa Family Ed. Fund, Account # 542209115, Wells Fargo, PO Box 3488, Portland, OR 97208-3488 (or any local Wells Fargo)
2) American Cancer Society, Online at http://www.RelayForLife.org, Team "The Lucky Ones" (Mary Ellen's Team)
Trending In: Obituaries
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues