Obituary: Michael Riley Ellis
April 10, 2014
Truckee High School Baseball Coach, Michael Riley Ellis, born Sept. 10, 1967, died April 4, 2014, from a heart condition.
He was survived by his 1-year-old "pride and joy" Lexi Lynn Ellis; his parents, John and Susan Ellis; his sisters Jessie and Mary; his brother in law, Roger; and nieces and nephews Roger, Raegan, Rain, Evan, and Emma.
Baseball and coaching were his passions. His sense of humor guided him and his team to many victories on and off the field. He died from a large heart and had a large love of life.
Services will be held at the Assumption Catholic Church in Truckee, CA at 2 P.M. on Monday, April 14, 2014, followed by the celebration of life at the 50/50 Brewery in Truckee from 4 to 6 P.M.
A savings account is being set up at the U.S Bank for Lexi Lynn's Ellis' future — any donations will be greatly appreciated.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee’s craft beer scene exploded way back in 1876 with opening of the massive Boca Brewery
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe