Obituary: Michael Riley Ellis
April 10, 2014
Truckee High School Baseball Coach, Michael Riley Ellis, born Sept. 10, 1967, died April 4, 2014, from a heart condition.
He was survived by his 1-year-old “pride and joy” Lexi Lynn Ellis; his parents, John and Susan Ellis; his sisters Jessie and Mary; his brother in law, Roger; and nieces and nephews Roger, Raegan, Rain, Evan, and Emma.
Baseball and coaching were his passions. His sense of humor guided him and his team to many victories on and off the field. He died from a large heart and had a large love of life.
Services will be held at the Assumption Catholic Church in Truckee, CA at 2 P.M. on Monday, April 14, 2014, followed by the celebration of life at the 50/50 Brewery in Truckee from 4 to 6 P.M.
A savings account is being set up at the U.S Bank for Lexi Lynn’s Ellis’ future — any donations will be greatly appreciated.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway