Obituary: Mike Kise
May 1, 2014
Mike Kise, age 60, passed away peacefully at his home on April 23, 2014 after a long battle with cancer.
With the passing of Mike, the North Shore lost one very special person. Mike was a friend to all who knew him. He was a 30+ year resident of Tahoe City. Mike worked in many of our local restaurants and bars over the years and most recently was restaurant manager of Jake's on the Lake for 29 years.
Mike was dedicated to his wife, Peggy, his family, work and community. He was well known for his sense of humor and concern for others and will long be remembered for his love of fishing, hunting and life at his dream home in Los Barriles, Mexico.
Mike is survived by his loving wife Peggy; mother, Helen Hunt; sister Carolyn Nelson (Art); Aunt Vivian Kise; lifelong friend Brad Hester and family in addition to many loving and devoted friends.
There will be a celebration of life at Jake's in June, date to be announced. In lieu of flowers, please make a memorial contribution in the name of Mike Kise to the Gene Upshaw Memorial Tahoe Forest Cancer Center, P.O. Box 2508, Truckee, CA 96161.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms