Obituary: Mike Spaulding
July 24, 2013
Mike Spaulding (54), born May 30, 1959 in Lansing, Michigan, passed away on July 10, 2013 after a brief battle with cancer. Mike ran a successful building/contracting business in Truckee for many years.
Mike recently described his life as being very full and lived without regret. He liked to entertain his friends, and had a fantastic sense of humor.
Mike is survived by his parents, Judy and Bill; sisters Sandy and Sue; twin daughters, Kelly and Kara; son, Nick; grandson, Sequoia; nieces and nephews; and many friends. Mike adored his dogs, Sudak and Sammie.
An informal gathering will be held on July 27, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. at Soda Springs Station. Please bring a dish and beverage to share.
Trending In: Obituaries
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?