Obituary: Nancy V. Meyer
June 20, 2013
Nancy Virginia Northrop Meyer passed away on May 1st, 2013, at the age of 87.
Nancy was born in Pasadena, CA on August 15, 1925. She went to Pasadena City High School, Pasadena City College and received her BA in Science from the University of Southern California. While in college she met her future husband, Lt JG (Ret.) Robert Thomas Meyer. After graduation, she worked as a veterinarian’s assistant in southern California. She and Robert were married on June 10, 1951, and had four children.
Nancy was an avid gardener, fisherwomen and hunter who went to work in the 1970’s for the Veteran’s Administration in Los Angeles, assisting the doctors with their research on the endocrine system. She was a woman who found a way in all things to be positive and happy-nothing was impossible. Her upbeat attitude and constant desire to know the reason for a problem will be sorely missed.
She is preceded in death by her husband of 55 years, Robert, and her siblings, John Northrop, Dawn Stead and Lowell Northrop II. She is survived by her children, Dennis Meyer, Eric Meyer, Laurie Meyer and Pamela Rozo as well as her grandchildren, Aaron, Travis, Annalise, Lauren.
She was the sweetest person we ever knew and we pray that God may grant her peace and freedom from pain.
Trending In: Obituaries
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump