Obituary: Paul Zaro, 1946-2013
Ryan Summerlin May 30, 2013
Musician, Singer, KGO Cameraman, Sailor, Golfer, Adventurer, Comedian, and Gentle Soul succumbed to cancer on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Paul was a part and full time resident of Tahoe City for the last 14 years and could be found on the golf course, ski trails and sitting in for a song with musicians in the Truckee-Tahoe area. He had an adventurous spirit, with lots of plans, and most recently returned from a 5 month cruise to Mexico on their sailboat.
He leaves his wife, Priscilla, sisters and many nieces and a nephew. Services will be in the Bay Area at Christ the King Catholic Church in Pleasant Hill, June 8 at noon.
Many thanks go out to the fabulous staff at the Gene Upshaw Memorial – Tahoe Forest Cancer Center, the Home Health and Hospice staff for their personalized and loving care during this difficult time.
In lieu of flowers, the family would appreciate your donations be directed to the Gene Upshaw Memorial Cancer Center, 10161 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, CA 96161, Stand Up 2 Cancer, American Cancer Society, UC Davis, etc. to help fund research for a cure.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer