Obituary: Peter Lawrence Spielmann
January 28, 2014
Peter Lawrence Spielmann, 61, passed suddenly on December 17th, 2013.
Beloved husband of Patricia Senate Spielmann for 25 years, Step father of Monika Waldrum and Diana Waldrum Alestra, and 7 grandchildren.
He devoted his life to teaching children to ski and the joys of bicycling. He competed in the 1997 Nevada City Bicycle Classic placing in the senior race. Participated in the Death Ride of the Sierras three times and many other century rides. He toured with his wife, Patricia, from Seattle to San Francisco and the coast of Maine.
Peter loved to teach others to ski and began his 12 year career at Snow Basin Resort in Mt. Green, UT and most recently at Diamond Peak Resort in Incline Village, NV.
A Celebration of his life was held on December 28, 2013 at 1pm with mass and reception to follow at the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish (10930 Alder Dr. Truckee, CA 96161). In lieu of flowers please contact Diana Alestra at (916) 718-3553.
Trending In: Obituaries
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October