Obituary: Peter Lawrence Spielmann
January 28, 2014
Peter Lawrence Spielmann, 61, passed suddenly on December 17th, 2013.
Beloved husband of Patricia Senate Spielmann for 25 years, Step father of Monika Waldrum and Diana Waldrum Alestra, and 7 grandchildren.
He devoted his life to teaching children to ski and the joys of bicycling. He competed in the 1997 Nevada City Bicycle Classic placing in the senior race. Participated in the Death Ride of the Sierras three times and many other century rides. He toured with his wife, Patricia, from Seattle to San Francisco and the coast of Maine.
Peter loved to teach others to ski and began his 12 year career at Snow Basin Resort in Mt. Green, UT and most recently at Diamond Peak Resort in Incline Village, NV.
A Celebration of his life was held on December 28, 2013 at 1pm with mass and reception to follow at the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish (10930 Alder Dr. Truckee, CA 96161). In lieu of flowers please contact Diana Alestra at (916) 718-3553.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway