Obituary: Richard Donald Mollberg
June 20, 2013
Feb 24, 1941 – Feb 18, 2013
Richard Donald Mollberg, resident of Lafayette and Agate Bay, passed away due to complications from a hit and run accident that occurred November 2011 on the Lake Highway (28) near Sahara Dr. in Agate Bay. His generous, loving spirit will be missed by all who knew him.
He was born in San Francisco, CA. and earned a degree in Pharmacy at Idaho State University. He attended Illinois College of Podiatric Medicine, where he received his medical degree. He was a Board Certified Podiatric Surgeon and had a private practice in Concord, CA for 35 years. He was a staff member of John Muir Medical Center and a member of the California Podiatric Medical Association. He served in the US Army Reserves. Richard was a member of the Orinda Road Runners. His hobbies included running, and World War 11 Radio communications.
He loved spending time at Lake Tahoe, where he and his family spent their summers. He embraced and shared education on all topics and was always there to help people in need. He was a loving, caring husband, father, grandfather and friend.
He is survived by his devoted wife Jean, of 43 years, his sons, Sgt. Ryan Mollberg and Drake Mollberg, daughter-in-law Amanda Mollberg, and grandchildren Gabriela and Griffin Mollberg.
Trending In: Obituaries
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest