Obituary: Richard S. Welsh
June 20, 2013
Rich passed away unexpectedly March 28, 2013 after a very short battle with cancer.
Rich grew up and was raised in Pasadena, Ca. Before moving to the area he loved Reno-Tahoe in 1976. After attending UNR he moved to Truckee, CA where Rich and Sue raised their 3 boys.
Rich was very involved in the youth sport community, both in Tahoe and Reno, holding both Board and President positions. He was also very active with the Reno Sparks Real Estate Assoc. and Tahoe Sierra Board of Realtors.
He leaves behind his beloved wife of almost 30 years Sue and their 3 sons, Eric, Scott, and Brent. His humor, love for the outdoors, willingness to help others, and great presence will be deeply missed by his many family member and friends.
A memorial gathering and celebration of Rich's life will be held Thursday, May 23rd at 11:30 at The Moana Sport Complex. Located on 240 West Moana Ln, Reno, Nev. Please go to website for more info: richardwelsh.info.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Northstar California Resort cancels Thanksgiving Day opener
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- Placer updates secondary unit ordinance with eye on housing
- Retiring early: Nevada among top 10 best states, report shows
- North Tahoe new business spotlight: Roam Wyld