Obituary: Robert “Corky” Coble
May 16, 2013
Robert “Corky” Coble died May 2, 2013, in San Francicso due to complications following a heart transplant. Robert was born July 23, 1952, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to Robert and Alice Coble.
Robert graduated from San Bernardino High School in San Bernardino, CA. He attended UCSD. Lived in Encintas, CA, enjoying the surf prior to moving to Tahoe City in the late 1970s. Corky was an original employees of Bruce Olson Construction where he ran their Cabinet Shop until his transplant.
Corky lived the Tahoe lifestyle — downhill, Cross Country and water skiing, Mountain and Road Biking which was replaced by Auto racing, Dirt and Road biking. Corky owned a Casita in Los Barriles, Baja California Sur, and spent any spare time he could down there exploring and relaxing. Corky was a long term Lymphoma survivor and truly lived each day to the fullest.
Corky was a member of the BMW Car Club of Northern California, where he was a driving instructor; and Sports Club Club of America, Reno Division.
A memorial service will take place at Jakes on the Lake in Tahoe City on May 18th at 3:30pm.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes