Obituary: Robert Eugene Murphy
June 27, 2013
Robert Eugene Murphy, known as "Murphy" or "Murf," 63, passed away Saturday, June 8, 2013 in Reno.
Born in Auburn, California, he was a longtime resident in the Reno area since 1978. Realizing his artistic gift, he became a sought after fence designer and installer on many projects across the United States.
He had a love for his family and friends and often cooked meals to share. He also had a passion for motorcycles; particular custom built models. He was the oldest brother to four siblings of which three are presently living, John, Neva and Reva. Uncle of two; Tasia and John, and leaves a host of relatives in Nevada, California, Oregon, Texas and Arkansas.
He is preceded by his parents, James Eugene Murphy and Mary Alice Murphy and sister, Bertha.
The Celebration of Life Service will be held 11 AM Saturday, June 29, 2013 at the Encounter Church, 1670 N Virginia Street, Reno NV.
A private burial will be held in Auburn, CA.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to the American Cancer Society in his beloved memory.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues