Obituary: Roger Newton Bonnett
July 18, 2013
Roger Newton Bonnett of Norden, CA, passed away peacefully at home from natural causes on June 19th, 2013.
He was born in Sacramento, CA on October 13, 1932. A graduate of California State University, Sacramento, he worked as a Real Estate Appraiser in Northern California and Alaska, where he also resided on a part time basis.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 27 years, Beverley Bonnett who passed away in 1985.
An avid outdoorsman, he enjoyed skiing and snowmobiling on Donner Summit. Alaskan adventures included fly fishing, river rafting and camping.
He is survived by his brother Howbert Bonnett of New Bern, NC, his sons Richard Bonnett of Folsom, CA, Raymond Bonnett of Truckee, CA, and his grandchildren Teagan and Brock Bonnett of Folsom, CA.
Special thanks go out to Sierra Senior Services, Tahoe Forest Hospital Home Health and Hospice Services, and all the outstanding caregivers with Complete Care.
Trending In: Obituaries
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in Squaw Valley, Truckee on Thursday, Sept. 21 (Video)
- One person killed in 16-vehicle crash Thursday on I-80
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- The legacy of Lora Knight
- Your Tahoe Weekend: Celebrate the start of fall in Lake Tahoe with fun outdoor activities