Obituary: Sasha Bernards
December 12, 2013
Sasha "Zaza Wollman" Bernards [Edwards] passed away on Nov. 8, 2013, after a 7 week struggle in the hospital, having been struck by a vehicle while riding her bike on Donner Pass Road. She was 61.
Sasha was born and raised in the Santa Barbara area. In her 20s she moved to Mendocino where she had her 6 children. She moved to Truckee, where she raised her youngest children and step-children, with the youngest, Anders Edwards, graduating from Forest Charter School in June earlier this year. She dedicated most of her life to motherhood, which she embraced with all her heart. Sasha was an amazing drummer, guitarist, poet, mother, and free spirit.
Sasha is survived by husband, Gary Bernards; daughters, Jessie Evans, Lucy (Haughwout) Sims (husband, Aaron Sims), Kerstin (Haughwout) Coulter (husband, Jason Coulter), Annika (Haughwout) Braun (husband, Aaron Braun; granddaughter Makenzie Braun), Hanna Edwards; son, Anders Edwards; step sons, John Edwards, and Emmett Esnard; and friendly ex-husbands; all who loved her.
Sasha will be greatly missed and lovingly remembered by all who knew her.
Please join us in remembering Sasha on Sat. Dec. 21, 2013,at the Chapel of the Redwoods, 31201 Comptche Ukiah Rd, Comptche, CA 95427, from 3-6PM.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie